Prayer Warriors – Please stop right now and pray for the Izquierdo Family: Dad Greg, Mom Jenny and students Sebastian (K5) and Jenna (K4). Jenny is battling cancer. Please join us in asking God for Jenny’s healing!
“Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in this time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16)
- Isaiah 53:4 says “Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows”. The word used here for “surely” indicates a strong assertive force stressing the truth of the situation. It can also be translated as “truly, indeed, and certainly.” We need to pay special attention to what comes after the word “surely” because the LORD is trying to tell us something very loudly : “He has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows.” The word used for “he” here is also stressed and can be translated “He himself”. The word used here for “griefs” is most commonly translated as “sickness”. So we could write out this declaration to say “It is true!!! The LORD himself hath borne our sickness, and carried our sorrows!” The next verse goes on to say “by His stripes we are healed!” Health is something our LORD paid for on the cross and the enemy attempts to take it back. Let’s fight against the enemy’s schemes by speaking the Word of the LORD in prayer.
- Isaiah 52:12 “for the LORD will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard.”
- Psalm 139:16 “in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me”
- Matthew 19:26 “But Jesus looked at them and said,’With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'”
- 1 John 3:1 “See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.”
- Exodus 15:26 “for I am the LORD, your healer.”