Grandparent’s Day is coming, Friday, April 24th, 2015. The elementary students have sent personal letters to invite them to this special morning at Little Rock Christian Academy. All K3 – 4th grade students will participate in the program.
Reminder to Parents! Send photos of your child with his/her grandparent to LRCA.PTF@gmail.com by Friday, April 10th. These will be shown in the gym during the program
Schedule for Grandparent’s Day – Friday, April 24, 2015:
- 8:10 Class begins as usual for K3-4th grade students. Students in 5th – 12th grade are out of school.
- 9:00 Grandparents begin to arrive in high school gym for coffee, Shuttles will be provided for parking convenience.
- 9:30 Grandparent’s Day Program begins in the gym.
- 10:45 Grandparents visit classroom with grandchild. Children may leave with grandparents when finished with the visit.
- 11:30 Elementary Dismissal for the day.
We know that circumstances may prevent some grandparents from being able to attend. If this is the case, your child may invite an “honorary grandparent” to attend the event. There may be a man or woman in your church or neighborhood that would be honored and thrilled to be your child’s “honorary grandparent”. This alternative has always proven to be a blessing and a source of joy for both the child and the adult involved. If an “honorary grandparent” is not available, parents may attend. It is our desire for as many children to participate; however, we do not want a child to feel left out. If your child has no one to attend, you should not send him/her to school that day.
Please be sure to let us know if your child has someone attending with special needs (vision, hearing, mobility, etc.) by emailing Melissa Branton at email@example.com before Wednesday, April 8th, 2015. We want to accommodate any needs with special seating and/or parking.