The 2017-18 Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) Board celebrated the completion of a wonderful school year at our final Board meeting in May. Reflecting on all the Lord has enabled us to accomplish through His provision, we voted to fund the following gifts to enhance the Warrior experience in every grade and in every area of academics. As you read this list, thank the Lord for His goodness to our school!
- Elementary Gaga Ball Pit
- Purchase of new Elementary readers for classroom use (K-4th grades)
- Travel expenses for our Middle School Destination Imagination team to attend Global Finals in Tennessee
- Installation and purchase of Ice Machine in Junior High Teacher workroom
- Professional Development Funds for Lower & Upper School faculty
- Art supplies and Musical Instruments for Elementary Arts Programs
- Travel Expenses for All-State Fine Arts High School students
- Learner Services scanners, shredders, and whiteboards
- Color Printers for Middle School and Junior High Fine Arts students
- Assisting with renovation of the High School Commons/Lunch Room facilities
- 2 sets of Hartness-style tables and chairs for High School students
- Funding of Senior Capstone student research projects
- Partial funding (partnership with Warrior Club & Advancement office) of a new LRCA school bus
- Grandparents’ Day Performance Audio/Visual Upgrades
In addition to the list above, PTF joyfully provided many wonderful events and services at LRCA, including:
- Back-to-School Staff Fiesta
- Tears & Cheers Back-to-School Parent Reception
- Staff Christmas Luncheons & Gifts
- 3rd/4th grade Daddy/Daughter Dance
- Accelerated Reader Program and Store
- 3rd/4th Grade Mom/Son Basketball Tournament
- Elementary Grandparents’ Day
- Middle School GLOW
- Middle School End-of-the-Year Event
- Junior High Life Choices Day
- Junior High Promotion
- High School Donut Days
- Staff Appreciation Week
- Social Media Parent Presentation
- Chick-fil-A Week
- Wild About Warriors Carnival & Silent Auction
- Moms In Prayer
- Box Tops Fundraiser
- School Tool Box Sales
- Faculty & Staff Meals & Treats throughout the Year
Thank you to our amazing Board, event & program Chairs, and countless volunteers!! We also say a huge thanks to our amazing administration and staff who supported us all along the way. All glory to God… Great things He has done!
Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) encourages Warrior families to donate gently used uniforms this week, May 7 – May 11. Collection boxes are located in the Elementary office. PTF will sort and deliver the clothing to an area school whose students could benefit from these items. Thank you for thinking of others as we look forward to summer!!
Excitement is building as summertime is fast approaching! But, before school dismisses, we must celebrate! The 2018 Elementary End-of-the-Year event is a favorite, and requires many helpers. Please sign up here to join the fun on Friday, May 25, 8:00-12:00, in front of the Elementary building: http://signup.com/go/LBWKrRL
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
Next week holds big things for LRCA with two events bought to you by your Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF)! First up, lets talk chicken!
Monday, April 16th-Saturday, April 21st is LRCA Week at the Cantrell Road Chick-fil-A!!
Every time you place an order, be sure and mention that you are “with LRCA” to earn money for our school. It’s a winning combination! Dine in to enjoy Warrior decorations, or grab a quick meal to go. Either way, you enjoy delicious food, and our school receives money back. Eat more chicken!!
Parents today face many challenges… Social Media certainly ranks as one of the top concerns! Parent Teacher Fellowship is pleased to partner with our administration to help Warrior parents better navigate this important topic. Join us Thursday, April 19 in Warrior Hall as we hear from Christina Jontra, a social media expert and educator from Tyler, Texas. Christina’s role as Director of Digital Learning at Grace Community School enables her to share a unique perspective regrading social media and students. Come and be encouraged as a parent as you gain information and tools to guide your child in this area!
Thursday, April 19
Warrior Hall Auditorium
PTF looks forward to a great week! Please join us! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like more information.
April 14th is sure to be a fun day as we celebrate together as one school family! Come celebrate and experience the fun & fellowship:
- Food Trucks
- Carnival games
- Pony Rides
- Cake Walk
- Petting Zoo
- Warrior Showcase
- Adventure Activities
- Middle-School Sponsored Fun Run
Be sure to check out our awesome Silent Auction with select items & experiences! Our raffle drawing will be held at the event as well.
Follow this link www.LittleRockChristian.com/WildAboutWarriors to our Wild About Warriors Webpage for important information including:
- Raffle information/sales/rules
- T-shirt orders
- Volunteer opportunities
We hope to see every Warrior on campus on Saturday, April 14th, 4-7 p.m. Go Warriors!!