“Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens,
and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.” Daniel 12:3
- Proverbs 1 tells us that fools despise wisdom.
- Psalms 90:12 tells us to “number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.”
- Proverbs 3:13 tells us that “blessed is the one who finds wisdom”.
- In the book of Proverbs wisdom is personified, meaning wisdom takes on characteristics of a person. For instance wisdom does not literally have a voice, yet Proverbs 8:1 says “Does not wisdom call?”.
- And wisdom is not literally able to build a house, but 9:1 says “Wisdom has built her house;”.
There is a personification of wisdom because “wisdom” is a shadow of Jesus.
In Matthew 23:34 in one of Jesus’ many “Woe to you scribes and Pharisees” discords he says “Therefore I send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and persecute from town to town, so that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, form the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar.” The same passage in Luke 11:49-50 is recorded by Luke to have been said by the “Wisdom of God”.
The Wisdom of God is not a thing but a person. The question is therefore not “what is wisdom?” but “who is wisdom?”. I Corinthians 1:30 says “And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God.” Christ is not only full of wisdom he is wisdom.